Sunday, December 05, 2010

JYC:: 2 & 3

2 december

We had some pretty heavy snowfall last week and so the prompt for 2nd December was perfectly timed. Morpheus wouldn't go out, and I think he had the right idea. Fortunately my new winter coat had arrived so I was able to wrap up warm and head out to see Gran, and take her some food. I kept thinking of the snow we had earlier this year, when I was having chemo and was unable to go out because cold + chemo = some unpleasant side-effects.
I found myself walking up the road with a smile on my face just because this time, I was fit and healthy and able.

3 december

After such a lovely day, I came down to earth with a bump on the third. Literally - I left the house, slipped on some ice and fell flat on my back in the middle of the road. I hit my head so hard my hat flew off, and I think I may have knocked myself out for a moment. It was pretty traumatic, although to anyone watching it would have probably been a moment of comedy gold. Still, I persevered (at a much slower pace) and made it round the corner to pay my rent...only to be told that my landlady wants to move back into the house so I have two months to find somewhere else to live. By this point I really wished I'd stayed indoors!

My page for 3rd December should have been about Christmas cards, and indeed on the outside it is. But hidden in the envelope is some journalling that explores how I feel about my house move, about returning to work next week, my surgery in January and how I am going to cope. When I wrote it I definitely felt overwhelmed and quite panicky, and I still do to some extent. But I've had some really good support from family, friends and internet forums, and there is a glimmer of hope. I might be able to do this after all.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Your pages are absolutely gorgeous. You had me gasping out loud at the thought of you falling - I hope you are okay! I'll be back to enjoy some more of your JYC.

CoventryAnn said...

Beautiful pages, sorry to hear of the fall/house probs.