Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pure magic

 

My scrapbooks are such a lovely reminder of sunnier days. As I flick through my photos to choose something that inspires me, I remember where I have been and stories I want to tell. This dragonfly joined us on a magical late summer walk, and obligingly waited until I had taken a photo before flying off. A photo and a page can't really do it justice, but it's enough to trigger a memory and make me smile all over again. Magic



Scrapbook-wise, I don't think I have ever done a page with so little patterned paper on it. I wanted the photo to be the star - there was no zoom involved, I really did get the camera (my phone!) that close. You can just see the background of misted hexagons using gold spray, and those gold chipboard letters are possibly my all-time favourite. The gems, candy dots and layered embellishment clusters finish it off without being too overpowering. Very different from my normal style...and I like it!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Gorgeous layout! I like it a lot, and the hexagon mask/mist looks lovely against the other colours.

Lisa Echerd said...

You did a great job showcasing your close up photo. Like the subtle misting.