Thursday, November 11, 2010

Full disclosure

Don't you just hate those blogs where people talk about how perfect their lives are? And everything they make turns out just *so*.

My blog was never going to be one of those. I know I share lots of things I've made that I'm really pleased with, but in the interest of full disclosure may I present:

This is the first hat I've ever crocheted. And it may well be the last. 200+ people on Ravelry have made it and I am apparently the first to turn it into this:

I can't even bear to post the full photo. I don't want my face associated with this. It balances on the top of my head like a varigated fungus, lumpy and misshapen and totally the wrong size.
In the original post it looks adorable. Even allowing for a few variations, I am not sure how I got this result. The worst thing is that each stitch is a puff stitch, which requires seven loops around the hook which you then pull the yarn through. So it's a fair few hours of work here. The only saving grace is that I haven't fastened off, so I am just about to pull the end and undo the whole damn thing...

3 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

awe, that's sad :(
but Woohoo! for tackling the stitch. A BIG pat on the back I think.. it is beautiful if a tad small. Well done.xx

Hugs, Gez.xx

Anonymous said...

Aw bless you, well done for the effort though! I have been teaching myself to knit and I am giving up because I just can't seem to do it right!

Anonymous said...

Aw bless you, well done for the effort though! I have been teaching myself to knit and I am giving up because I just can't seem to do it right!