Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time may change me

changes

One of the weirdest aspects of my cancer treatment is that I haven't lost my hair. Which is good, obviously, because it keeps my ears warm. But I did have it cut very, very short because it's just easier to look after that way. And when you've been in hospital for two weeks and can't use the shower because it floods...trust me, you don't feel like washing your hair.

This page got me thinking, though. My life has changed so much in the last couple of years. In some respects, I'm sure I'm still the same as I always was. In other ways, I hardly recognise myself. I quite like the person I've turned into. I think I might keep her. The hair? I'm letting it grow back now.

1 comment:

Lisa-Jane said...

Hi there, loving your pages and I like reading your story but not liking what you have to go through (if that makes sense!) Take good care and maybe "see you" for JYC? x