Thursday, September 09, 2010

I am not going to argue with my mother

6 september

My lesson for 6th Sept is something I have learned, re-learned and am still learning. I know parents have a duty to tell their children they are beautiful, or clever, or whatever. I know in my Mum's eyes I (and my sister) will always be the two most wonderful girls in the world. But actually, sometimes, she's right. And I'm not going to argue.

7 september

Because I know how bad chemotherapy can make me feel, when the date approaches for my next infusion I start getting this sense of rising panic. I think of all the things that need to be done before I am out of action for a week or so, and then I stay up very late trying to do them all. Invariably I fail. I have to keep reminding myself to stay calm and just prioritise the really important stuff.

8 september

And the downside of the staying up late panicking...is that I end up making myself really tired and having a day when I don't actually feel like doing much at all. But you know what? That's ok too.

4 comments:

emhowl said...

Of course your mother is right, she knows best!

Wishing you very well with your treatment and your crafting.

SarahLP said...

Gosh, I'm humbled by your bravery.. and I totally agree, mothers always know best! Even though at times over the years, I've been loathe to admit it..

Sending (((hugs))) for your treatment.. and don't stress over your to-do list.. it'll all be waiting for you when you feel better! :o)

Sian said...

Your pages are beautiful. I'm sending you all the very best wishes for your treatment and I hope you feel up to posting again soon.

Bubbles said...

I am so going to show my children this... yes, MOTHER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! *LOL*

I do feel for you with the chemo - I take a mild dose every week (not for cancer) and it makes me so ill - having to face the doses you do each time must be terrible... but it has to be worth it all. I'll be thinking of you - but don't let it get to you, as you're so obviously a fighter and, more importantly, a survivor and a winner!