Sunday, December 02, 2012

So this is Christmas

Well, here it is again my friends. The festive season means Journal Your Christmas, and my attempt to document (almost) daily thoughts about Christmas past and present. This is my sixth year of JYC, and some albums are more complete than others, but however much I have completed I am always glad to have this record of the season. It's not just a daily record either, it's an opportunity to ponder on different aspects of the season and do some reflective journalling.


My format this year is slightly different. Most of my albums have been 6x6 or 8x8, and last year I experimented with a 6x8 sketchbook. I've realised that I'd like to try including these JYC pages with the rest of my pages for 2012, so to do that I am using divided page protectors with 6x4 slots. My hope is that I will be able to adapt by using them for photos, text, or a combination of the two. If the topic really grabs me I will have the freedom to use more pockets, and if I miss a day (or two) it won't matter. It also means that if I really want to include a 12x12 page, it's easy to slot that in - and that's exactly what I've done with my manifesto page. This paper was just too nice to cut up and I wanted to make a bit of a 'statement' to identify these pages. 


The banner at the top has taken...most of the day. No kidding. Cutting each individual shape, layering them together, putting them in place and then leaving it, before coming back and tweaking it to get it 'just right'. I won't be putting this much into every day. But sometimes it's worth it. 


Here's to finding the magic in Christmas all over again!

No comments: